Pages

Search This Blog

December 21, 2009

"If you'll be my bodyguard,I can be your long lost pal"

I'm watching "Jeeves and Wooster" having a beer(s),feeling the itch of a recently gauged up ear and reading @willwheaton tweets.My life, it is exiting.
If the teens through the early twenties are about feeling like an especially isolated, horny little snowflake, I think the mid-twenties are about mutual commiseration, friendships with blurred boundaries, and the sweet taste of job-market collapse.
Or maybe thats just me.
Maybe some of our generation was prepared for success,but not for the mountain of debt, lack of non-soul-crushing employment opportunities, and the fact that the older we get, the harder it is to make decent friends. Enough whining.
I'm finally starting to enjoy Portland. I'm finally okay with the weather, and I'm enjoying the friends I've made. If you're ever in the area, I went to Saraveza
(www.saraveza.com) and found it fan-fucking-tastic on multiple levels.( the company didn't hurt either..
I can't write for crap with Hugh Laury yapping in that exceptionally British way in the background. goodnight.

1 comment:

Northern Paladin said...

In unrelated news, the title of this entry made me go to Amazon and buy that CD (well, digital download anyway). I always liked that song...

Who'll be my role model, now that my role model is gone...gone...